Whitewater rafting is highly popular and kind of the risk-free venturous sport. The white water rafting is fun, less expensive, easily accessible and definitely not for the faint hearts. To make your rafting journey risk free the way proper equipment is required, in the same way, a proper dress code protects you from several other problems. So if you are a first-time goer and do not really know what dress to take with you for the rafting, then you are at the right place. By the end of the passage, you will get a clear idea about what to wear white water rafting.
The white water rafting is a seasonal sport and it can be done in both in summer and autumn. The clothing accessories are different in both seasons. Though the group with which you will be going will give you all the necessary stuff such as paddles, life jackets etc.
Here are the all tips what to wear whitewater rafting:
1. What not to take for the rafting
- The right pair of shoes is important, never and I mean it never takes your high heels or boots or crocs in rafting. You do not want to lose your shoes due to water current.
- Clothes that will become way much heavy after soaking water such as jeans.
- Do not bring clothes that restrict your movement.
- You’re own life jacket because it will not help you.
- Your precious things to be used in your home and not in the rafting boat or camp.
2. Things that you must bring both in summer and winter
- Shoes that are meant for use in the river.
- Towels, light clothes, swimsuits cloths that dries fast.
- Water for drinking. This might seem odd though the tour guides are ought to provide you with water and meals yet you need to carry your own bottles in case of necessity.
Now let us talk about the seasonal dress. Summer and winter clothing guide is way much different from each other.
Dress codes for summer water rafting
During summer days both the water and land get heated up, even if you are in the river you can feel the heat and might end in sunstrokes. Proper dresses that can keep you cool in these days are preferable. The things you required are as follows:
- Shorts or half pants made up of material that dries fast.
- Shoes that are meant for river and which does not fall off and is washable.
- T-shirts that dries up easily.
- Sunglasses that have strings attached to it, that prevents it off falling.
- To prevent sunburns you need sunscreen of good quality.
- Cotton made wearable is your best friend even in summer water rafting.
Dress codes for winter/ autumn water rafting
There are people who avoid crowed and prefer to go for white rafting in the spring or autumn seasons. Though the essential gears during both the seasons are similar, water rafting during the time of the autumn has different clothing. The temperature in both land and water is colder than usual and in many rivers, there is the chance of little rainfall.
- Avoid cotton cloths
- Use wool or synthetics layering process to keep you warm.
- Water repellent jacket, wetsuits and river shoes.
- Layers of synthetic along with the swimsuit should be worn underneath your wetsuit.
- Also, layering of synthetics must be worn under the splash jacket. Ultimately higher the layering you will wear the better possibility of keeping yourself warm.
- Woollen socks with river shoes, woollen hat under the helmet.
Cotton made stuff easily gets wet and drastically release body heat. Staying warm is important. In every sport be it recreational or adventurous the safety should be your prime concern. The group with which you will be participating make sure that they know their job similarly the proper dress code and by following the proper instruction, your trip is going to be fabulous. Staying warm is the goal along with having fun. You sure want to be the tiger who roar rather than being a wet cat. So dress properly and definitely have load and load of fun.