“Fishing” is basically a process of catching fish for eating, business, recreation etc. In fishing, there have different techniques like netting, angling, hand gathering, spearing and trapping. But one thing that fishing is not limited for fish because fishing also includes catching many aquatic animals like crustaceans, cephalopods, echinoderms etc. Catfish is called water’s top predator fish. Catfish fishing is a very funny job. We all know that the taste of catfish is just awesome. This is a big fact why catfishing is very popular in the world. Catfishing is not very tough work but you should know about how to tie a catfish hook because it is an essential part of catfishing.
Some basic equipment to catch a small to averagely sized catfish are
- 183-213 centimetres length medium-heavy spinning rod.
- A reel which is spooled with 6-7 kg or stronger abrasion resistant monofilament.
- 1/0 to 4/0 bait hooks, 2 to 7 treble hooks and 0.5-2.5 ounce egg sinkers.
- Spill shots, bread and jig heads, swivels bobbers, minnows, smelly artificial bait and catfish dough.
- Boats, lip-grip and two long-nosed pliers. one thing that lip-grip is using for landing the fish and as well as long-nosed pliers are using for removing hooks.
The best place for catching catfish
Here we discuss the best ten places where you will always find catfish. These places are
- The bottom channels of lakes and river. 2.River’s deep tributary mouths. 3. River’s holes 4. Tube-like wing dykes. 5. The outside of river bends. 6. Lakes windswept shores. 7.Log rafts of big rivers. 8. Lakes & ponds 9. Larger rocks in shorelines/Riprap. 10. Deep holes in lakes and ponds.
How To Tie Catfish Hook
you need a lot of information about how to tie catfish hook. As well as the learning of this kind of tie is a basic principle for any kind of fishing. Here are all four different types of the tie which will help you to catch fish. They are 1.Easy snell. 2.Palomar tie. 3.Dropper loop. 4.Trilene knot.
Explanation of different types of hook
- Easy snell
Easy snell is called a snell tie. It is a very easy and effective tie which is used in any type of hook at time of fishing. This is a wrap which is essential for fishing for catfish. It is one of the strongest fishing tie.
- Cut down the fishing line into your desired length and then tie an overhand knot at the end of the leader.
- The eye of the hook must be faced upwards and towards the right and then put the end of leader line into the hook’s eye.
- Leader line must be holding back of the shank and from the hook wrap fishing lines 6 to 8 times around it.
- Once wrapped put the leader’s end line through the back of the hook’s eye to its front.
- By pulling the end of the line tightly the snell knot is being formed.
- Palomar tie
This type of tie or knot is using for a terminal tackle where have an open end. It is more essential knot which must be known for all anglers as well as it is the very strongest fishing tie.
- First of all, double the fishing line & insert the double line nearest end of your tackle’s eye.
- Then the double line and the opposite end tie around and wrap them. This process is similar to the first of tying a shoe.
- After completing that push the tackle which remains through the loop you have to wet the knot and tight it by pull slowly.
- Dropper loop
It also called a handy tie.
- Tie a loop with the line. Then pull down one side of the loop and take turns with it around the line that is standing.
- Keep in mind that each turns you take should be equal. After taking right turns, pull the remaining loop through the central opening, but keep the finger in the loop so it will not be going to lose.
- Trilene Knot
It is not so simple like Palomar knot but still, it is easy. It is useful for when you have not any end of fishing line & that cases the Trilene knot is required.
- First of all, pull the end of the line through the hook eye and insert it again in the previous direction.
- After that, the starting part of the line is to loop around six to seven times and insert the tag and formed in the 1st step. After completing that leave 1/4” of the fishing line at the time of trimming.
So we conclude that never lost a catfish for bad knots. So try to learn the different types of knots or tie which was discussed above. You must be very conscious about that catfish want to live at the bottom of the water so the size of your hook, your bait or weight, how to tie your hook has a big significant role for catfish fishing. If you are new then start with easy snell & then try other types of knots.