An angler can never underestimate the power of a knot in the fishing scene. No matter how skillful a person is, having a weak knot that the line won’t do any favor at all. One of the most common ones used by fishing lovers nowadays is the fluorocarbon line due to its better density and rapid visibility. If you are one of those individuals but facing difficulty in tying a fluorocarbon knot, then it is important that you check out this complete post.
Here, we will tell some interesting information along with telling a step by step tutorial about tying process.
What is the importance of a right knot in fluorocarbon line?
Before moving to the tutorial, we believe that the readers should understand what benefits bring by a strong knot while fishing with the fluorocarbon line. Let’s have a look at it below in detail:
- The knot should be tied in a correct manner as performing it in a wrong way can result in breaking the fluorocarbon line. It can result in losing the fish that caught in the hook.
- If you tie the knot in the right way, then the fishing will become more efficient that ensure you can catch an extra number of fishes. Also, it makes the complete process funny and easier.
- The slipping can be resisted to a greater extent with the help of a correct knot.
Step by step process to tie a fluorocarbon knot
The majority of anglers and fisherman understand it is essential to make knot nearly 100% accurate so that it can be tied to the fluorocarbon line properly. Have a look at the tutorial here we have explained each step in detail without any delay.
The foremost thing that you need to do is doubling the six inches of the fluorocarbon line and then moves it through the hook eye correctly. Please ensure that the length should be accurate so that you don’t face any issue while tying.
After completing the first step, you have to double back and move the line’s end through the hook eye one time more in the opposite direction. Here, you will find that nearly six inches of double fluorocarbon line will be on the external side of the hook eye.
In this step, we will tie the knot with proper effort. Here, you have tied an overhand knot to the hook that hangs from the bottom. Try to complete this step carefully as the performance of line hugely depends on it.
Hold the overhand knot in the space between thumb and forefinger along with passing the loop through the hook. After that, you have to slide the loop at a height above the hook eye.
Once you complete the fourth step, there is a need to drag the standing line and followed by tagging the end for tightening the knot. It will go down onto the eye of the hook.
It is the last step in this tutorial where you have to clip the tag end for proper closing. Don’t forget to moisten the line well before use. Both the ends of the line should be drawn tightly.
Tips for using the knots efficiently
- The knots should be lubricated using liquid or even saliva before tightening it so that the friction gets minimized and the strength of fishing line gets preserved.
- Try to pull the knot as straight as possible for reducing the chances of slippage while catching the fish.
- The ends of the knot should be closed to each other to ensure that fluorocarbon line doesn’t get entangled anywhere.
The fluorocarbon knot is hugely popular among all types of anglers that range from beginners and end up to the experienced fisherman. In fact, it is one of the most recommended types of lines used for fishing all over the world.
If you still feel there is something missing in this post, then we suggest you write it in the comment section. Our team is always here to help the readers in the most convincing manner. Also share tips about this perspective as it will be useful for fellow readers.